Senior Graphic Designer
Beauty Industry Group Overview:
Beauty Industry Group (“BIG”) is a leading consumer beauty company with an exciting and growing portfolio of beauty brands. The BIG portfolio consists of several recognized, highly reputable hair extension brands that span a variety of distribution channels, as well as a few other complementary beauty brands, including for eye lash serum and eye lash extensions. Across its brands, BIG is the largest hair extension business in the U.S. and one of the largest globally, with a focus on the professional extensions segment.
Across more than 150 team members, BIG is a unique, empowering place to work for motivated professionals who hunger to see the impact their work is making. The management team is young and entrepreneurial and has fostered a powerful culture that celebrates excellence, transparency, diversity, and integrity.
The company headquarters are located in Salt Lake City, Utah, with additional offices in Florida, California, New Jersey, Arizona and Canada.
Who You Are:
You live and breath color, composition, aesthetics and typography. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and get excited about solving creative challenges. Keeping up on design, marketing, and beauty trends is how you spend your free time. You pride yourself on your attention to detail and creative ideas.
What You’ll Do:
Create innovative, imaginative and smart designs across multiple brands, leading and advancing the level of work the creative team produces. This role manages multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities while also meeting deadlines. Responsible for developing strong multi-touch, multi-channel creative campaigns with cohesive and highly effective designs.
Detailed Job Description:
- Lead complex and “amazing” creative projects providing creative design solutions within brand standards that are appropriate for the mediums
- Illustrate and create storyboards to communicate campaign concepts/ideas
- Provide creative strategy and develop campaigns that market the brands and communicate the marketing message to meet objectives
- Stays well-versed in current design, technology trends, and all phases of a project from concept through production; keeps on the pulse of the design world
- Lead brainstorming/concepting sessions with the team, contributing new and fresh ideas
- Listens to, understands and translates creative feedback with an open mind and works with team members to make revisions needed
- Skilled at translating marketing communication strategies into clear and compelling graphic design solutions
- Conceptualizes and presents creative concepts to the team, effectively communicating the thinking behind the ideas and “selling” the proposed creative solutions
- Takes on additional creative responsibilities and duties as needed to help the team meet deadlines and goals; steps in and steps up
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders and is able to have open, honest discussions about creative work and provide solutions
- Thrives in a fast-faced, highly productive environment; very capable of adapting to change and does so with a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related fields plus 4+ years of relevant work experience across multiple marketing channels, or Associate’s degree in Graphic Design plus 5+ years of relevant work experience across multiple marketing channels
- At least 2 years’ experience in designing for an ecommerce company or similar experience
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Self starter that is able to develop and lead creative from beginning to end with minimal oversight; is able to provide solutions and solve problems on their own or with their team
- Strong drive to continually improve and test new ideas; Helps to develop creative tests and measure and report the impact and effectiveness of creative
- Amazing portfolio of work
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Has a positive attitude and a high level of energy, enthusiasm, initiative, and responsibility
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to comprehend and materialize verbal and written direction (e.g., project briefs)
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary.