Marketing Project Manager
Beauty Industry Group Overview
Beauty Industry Group (“BIG”) is a leading consumer beauty company with an exciting and growing portfolio of beauty brands. The BIG portfolio consists of several recognized, highly reputable hair extension brands that span a variety of distribution channels, as well as a few other complementary beauty brands, including for eye lash serum and eye lash extensions. Across its brands, BIG is the largest hair extension business in the U.S. and one of the largest globally, with a focus on the professional extensions segment.
Across more than 150 team members, BIG is a unique, empowering place to work for motivated professionals who hunger to see the impact their work is making. The management team is young and entrepreneurial and has fostered a powerful culture that celebrates excellence, transparency, diversity, and integrity.
The company headquarters are located in Salt Lake City, Utah, with additional offices in Florida, California, New Jersey, Arizona and Canada.
Who You Are:
You love to keep things organized and the feeling of checking off a to-do on your list. You feel great satisfaction in seeing projects being completed successfully, on-time and meeting objectives. Creating project plans and timelines is second nature to you. Falling behind on tasks and timelines causes you some anxiety.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll coordinate all the people and assets behind-the-scenes to make sure all of our marketing projects and campaigns are completed and delivered on time. You’ll be the prioritizer-in-chief for our creative and marketing team, managing the ongoing and plentiful requests for emails, social ads, website design, print collateral, and product packaging. (And probably much more, but we have so many things going on we forgot to write them down in this job description. This is why we need your help!)
We expect you to be a super user of our internal project management tool. You’ll create project plans with realistic timelines, and other documentation to make sure all of our internal and external processes and teams are aligned.
Most importantly, you should be a master at communicating with different personalities. We are a diverse team, with lots of important deadlines. We expect that you will communicate clearly, succinctly and firmly, follow up diligently even when we don’t want to hear it, and always be professional, respectful and polite. You’ll be successful on this team if we’re meeting all our deadlines and everyone still loves working with you and always wants you in the room.
Detailed Job Description:
- Design, implement, and own project management processes for the creative and marketing team. Manage projects using internal project management tool.
- Work across teams to understand project scope, translate objectives into requirements, and track the progress of deliverables..
- Proactively manage task lists, obstacles, and competing priorities to make sure every deadline is met. .
- Oversee and coordinate project schedules, measure work volume and assign responsibility to achieve goals. .
- Coordinate with creative team, brand managers, product development, directors, and executive team to provide relevant updates and propose reprioritization, as necessary. .
- Obtain necessary feedback and approvals in the appropriate turnaround time from relevant stakeholders. .
- Manage outside print vendors, making sure printed materials are to our quality standards and received on time. .
- Lead interactions with contracts and legal resources to ensure all legal requirements for creative assets are met.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Project management or agile training or certifications are a bonus.
- 5+ years professional experience. Preferred experience in an agency environment as an integrated project manager, or similar role.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time-management skills.
- Well-versed in project planning for large-scale execution including product launches, campaigns, ongoing creative requests, and ad creative development.
- Ability to be tactful, articulate and succinct in verbal and written communication.
- Adaptable and positive when project scope changes (happens often!).
- Ability to quickly process information, assess problems and focus on priorities.
- A proactive, scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary.