Beauty Industry Group Overview
Beauty Industry Group (“BIG”) is a leading consumer beauty products company with an exciting and growing portfolio of beauty brands. The BIG portfolio consists of several recognized, highly reputable hair extension brands that span a variety of distribution channels, as well as a few other complementary beauty brands, including for eye lash serum, eye lash extensions, and Beauty Depot, an online reseller of third-party beauty products. Across its brands, BIG is the largest hair extension business in the U.S. and one of the largest globally, with a focus on the professional extensions segment.
BIG is backed by a private equity firm who invested significant equity in the company in November 2018. Their thesis consists of providing capital and resources to increase the pace of add-on acquisitions across professional and DIY extensions, both domestic and globally, in order to build the definitive global leader in hair extensions across all relevant segments. Additionally, the team is considering further diversifying the product portfolio into adjacent beauty products, which leads to a need for an Integration Director.
In the recent past, BIG has completed four acquisitions which have each been highly successful and transformative. With greater scale and new capital investment, the company is expecting to accelerate its inorganic growth across hair extensions and other product lines. The Director of Integration would play a vital role in overseeing the success of these acquisitions moving into the BIG portfolio.
Across more than 150 team members, BIG is a unique, empowering place to work for motivated professionals who hunger to see the impact their work is making. The management team is young and entrepreneurial and has fostered a powerful culture that celebrates excellence, transparency, diversity, and integrity.
The company headquarters are located in Salt Lake City, Utah, with additional offices in Miami, Tucson, New Jersey, Toronto and San Diego.
- Deliver high quality copy through cross-functional collaboration
- Execute copy in a timely manner while maintaining high quality standards
- Participate in an environment of collaboration and creativity
- Manage multiple assignments while prioritizing and adapting to changes
- Welcome feedback and changes to copy
- Adopt a voice that is relevant to the product, target consumer and brand directives
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- A positive, focused attitude
- A diverse copy writing portfolio
- Exceptional writing, reviewing and editing abilities
- Must work well in a creative team environment
- Beauty Industry experience preferred
- Experience in videography scripting a plus
- 2+ years of copywriter experience required
- BA in English, Communications, Public Relations or related field, or equivalent experience
- Excellent project and time-management skills
- Vacation/Holiday Leave (Floating Holiday, Bereavement)
- Family Leave
- Subsidized health insurance coverage, HSA contribution and company paid Life Insurance
- Free Lunch Fridays
- 401(k) with generous company match after one year of service
- Team building activities
- Access to hundreds of discounted beauty products
An Equal Opportunity Employer – Females, Minorities, Veterans, Disabled and Other Protected Groups