Beauty Industry Group Overview:
Beauty Industry Group (“BIG”) is a leading consumer beauty company with an exciting and growing portfolio of beauty brands. The BIG portfolio consists of several recognized, highly reputable hair extension brands that span a variety of distribution channels, as well as a few other complementary beauty brands, including for eye lash serum and eye lash extensions. Across its brands, BIG is the largest hair extension business in the U.S. and one of the largest globally, with a focus on the professional extensions segment.
Across more than 150 team members, BIG is a unique, empowering place to work for motivated professionals who hunger to see the impact their work is making. The management team is young and entrepreneurial and has fostered a powerful culture that celebrates excellence, transparency, diversity, and integrity.
The company headquarters are located in Salt Lake City, Utah, with additional offices in Florida, California, New Jersey, Arizona and Canada.
Who You Are:
You love throwing words on the page and making them play nice together. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and get excited about solving creative challenges. Keeping up on marketing trends and pop culture is how you spend your free time. You pride yourself on your attention to detail and creative ideas.
What You’ll Do:
You’ll use a wide variety of language and tonality to connect customers with the products and services they need to live a better life. You’ll take complex ideas and information, and make that data accessible for various audience segments. Engaging ad campaigns. Persuasive Emails. Informative blog posts. You’ll write it all—working across multiple channels and industries with a team of like-minded professional marketers. It’s a tough gig.
Detailed Job Description:
- Write compelling, beautifully constructed copy for a variety of brands and audiences and across a variety of media.
- Write with speed, consistency, accuracy and creative flair. Even under pressure and while delivering multiple projects, quality is never compromised.
- Respond positively to feedback and re-drafts copy to address comments, while retaining the impact of the copy.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding, deadline-driven environment. Takes personal accountability for on-time deliverables.
- Ideate based on simple human truths or observations. Measures your ideas not only against high creative standards, but also against business objectives.
- Identify audience segments and tailor copy to drive both engagement and conversion
- Build productive relationships with the Marketing and Creative teams to foster open communication and ensure alignment across marketing campaigns
- Enforce and follow established internal brand and style guide to ensure content aligns with brand positioning, voice and tone
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and works with the entire team to concept and develop results-driven creative solutions.
- 3+ years’ experience in copywriting, journalism, content marketing, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism (or similar discipline) from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates a strong command of the structure of language, both formal and informal.
- Possess a wide breadth of writing abilities from long form to headlines to calls-to-action to brand manifestos.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google Suite, and similar software applications
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills, with minimal amends from proofreading.
- The ability to take / provide constructive and positive feedback
- An insatiable drive to learn and grow
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- An agile mindset
- The desire—and ability—to collaborate
- A knack for solving complex problems
- Strong grasp of marketing and advertising trends
- An understanding of what language, structure, and value propositions will resonate with our readers
- A strong portfolio with a variety of samples (long and short form)
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary.