Beauty Industry Group Overview:
Beauty Industry Group (“BIG”) is a leading consumer beauty company with an exciting and growing portfolio of beauty brands. The BIG portfolio consists of several recognized, highly reputable hair extension brands that span a variety of distribution channels, as well as a few other complementary beauty brands, including for eye lash serum and eye lash extensions. Across its brands, BIG is the largest hair extension business in the U.S. and one of the largest globally, with a focus on the professional extensions segment.
Across more than 150 team members, BIG is a unique, empowering place to work for motivated professionals who hunger to see the impact their work is making. The management team is young and entrepreneurial and has fostered a powerful culture that celebrates excellence, transparency, diversity, and integrity.
The company headquarters are located in Salt Lake City, Utah, with additional offices in Florida, California, New Jersey, Arizona and Canada.
Who You Are:
You are a creative problem solver who is passionate about telling stories and bringing them to life with art direction and design. You must be comfortable working across all mediums. You’re a conceptual thinker and storyteller who can visualize your ideas in new and inspiring ways. You have a strong point of view on concept, design, product design and art direction. When you decide to make something, you see your vision from concept to launch without any hand-holding.
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for art direction, design and concepting big, conceptual brand expressions across all mediums, including mobile, product, video, interactive, OOH, print, events, experiential etc.. This role requires a strong understanding of how art direction, design and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product.
Detailed Job Description:
- You will be a leader—someone who inspires and guides the vision of the creative team including recognizing talent and knowing how to get the best out of them
- Communicate complicated products in a clear, concise way
- Present ideas in a clear and focused way that builds consensus within the team
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team environment with writers, designers, brand managers, and programmers
- Manage creative budgets and timelines
- Work autonomously, with little hand-holding
- Create original, breakthrough work
- Responsible for effective, consistent and cohesive visual representation of the brands across all touchpoints, in a way that engages and excites existing and new potential customers
- Elevate and evolve the brand aesthetic; design through best-in class execution
- Create intuitive and effective design solutions for projects that solve complex customer problems and drive business results
- Be a fountain of ideas. Effectively transform the best ideas into visual assets for a strong brand customer experience
- 5+ years experience at agency/in-house concepting and art directing ideas for brand and product
- 2+ years’ experience managing teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Art required
- Thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing
- Knowledge of the beauty industry and its expectations in both the professional and consumer sectors a plus
- Dedication to brand consistency and quality across all channels
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience designing, art directing and articulating design decisions
- A scrappy team player who is ready to hustle and pitch in wherever necessary.
- A strong leader who accepts responsibility for projects, develops trust and respect, is passionate and highly collaborative
- Effectively communicates ideas, concepts, creative execution, processes and project priorities